This morning, Holly "Windstalker" Longdale released a Producer's Letter titled "Lots to Come!" It details the All Access transition occuring next week, what benefits are available to EverQuest II subscribers and what content we can expect in the near future.
All Access Transition: SOE will be consolidating all games into a singular subscription model around April 23, 2014. Current subscriptions will be converted automatically. Those with special pricing should have their rates grandfathered, but please contact SOE Customer Support if you want to look more into the conversion. The entire FAQ for this transition is available here.
EQ2 Membership Benefits: Subscribers to EverQuest II receive the following benefits...
- Base amount of 7 character slots
- Permanent 15% coin loot and 10% mount speed
- Permanent double alternate currencies
- Member-only Loyalty Tokens
- Unrestricted access to broker, chat channels, ability tiers and in-game mail
- Early access to content and promotions: Receive access to new content, such as next week's Contested High Keep, before non-subscribers
Upcoming Content: Several things are lined up "for the weeks following April 23, 2014", including: a Prestige Guild Hall (seen here), new loyalty merchant items, the release of the Darklight Palace prestige home, a new Temple of Veeshan raid zone, the Tunaria Battleground and the conversion of old currencies, such as Obol and Void Shards, into Tinkering and Transmuting components. On deck next week is the release of Contested High Keep and the Bloody Shank HQ.
The entire Producer's Letter is available after the jump.