< Wikibase Front Page
This page is for new content only, items of interest that were only recently added to the game. Updates are listed in reverse order so new stuff from the latest patch should always be on top.
If you're interested in what was included in previous updates, please see the New Content Archives page.
- March 28, 2013
- March 20-21
- March 15
- March 7-8, 2013
- February 28, 2013
- February 13-14, 2013
- February 7, 2013
- January 31, 2013
- January 24, 2013
- January 17, 2013
- January 10, 2013
- January 3, 2013
- The Birthday Bash has returned for this year.
- There is a new Easter event! Go see Alyssa Eggelyn, on the southwest side of the Pixiewood strip, to get you started. She'll be hanging around until May 2nd.
- Like the 12 Days of Snow Days, do a quest each day to get an egg and its dye for free. If you miss a day, you can still complete the quest, but you'll have to purchase the dye in the Marketplace.
- There are 4 quests, so 4 egg presents to open on Spring Eggstravaganza Day (March 31st). Plus, if you have dyed all 4 eggs, you'll receive a large Bonus Egg as well.
- There's been a couple more job changes, as per Nik-Nak: "Ninja: An opponent must have been hit by a Ninja with Dragon's Boon within the last 5 seconds to be a valid target for Dragon's Boon. Warrior: An opponent must have been hit by a Warrior with Counterattack within the last 5 seconds to be a valid target for Counterattack. This was mostly done to combat AFK farming in the overworld, but it also has some dueling repercussions."
- From March 29th to 31st, there will be a Double SC weekend! Look for Marketplace sales during those 3 days as well.
- Series 5 of the TCG, Rumbledome, has been introduced. You can watch the webcast for more information.
- The chat and whisper issues should now be fixed; bugs were squashed in a couple of quests; and the Bandit Hideout has been moved, along with its teleport spot on the Atlas.
- Free Realms now has a brand new Official Forums. You must register a user name, even if you were a member of the old forums. If you're unable to do so because someone else took the user name you had on the old forum, please contact the forum Administrator. The old forum will remain open until April 20th, as read only, but then it will be removed.
- A new storyline, A Hero Rises, has been added to the game.
- It introduces a new way to keep track of current and completed quests, the Hero's Journal.
- Because of the new storyline, the way that all new characters enter the game has been changed.
- Existing characters can still join in by looking for the Hero Rises ad on the new Welcome Screen, to be teleported to Briarheart.
- This brings more overworld combat to the Realms, some new quests, and new combat clothing drops from the OWC NPCs.
- It has also given us a new Hide ability, in case we get caught in the new combat area in a non-combat job.
- Part of the changes means that Crossroads is now called Cobblestone Village.
- You can read the news story for more information, including the fact that this is just the first round!
- Nik-Nak has given us some information on job changes: "Existing players probably didn't notice the changes. And there are many.
The Chat Bar has been moved to within the Chat Box. Unfortunately, this has also caused some problems with whispering and clicking on a player's name.The Game Dock has a couple of new buttons, since removal of the Chat Bar freed up some space: Card Game and Hero's Journal.A new Saint Patrick's Day questline has been added! Visit Lucky Chance McXander in Merry Vale and help him find his lucky gold coin. There are 4 quests and they will remain available until March 31st.
- 2 more combat jobs are now Free for all players - Medic and Archer join ranks with the Brawler as jobs that can now reach level 20 for all players. That Just Happened. Tell your friends.
- New players no longer start with all jobs - You start with Adventurer, Brawler, and Card Duelist. By the end of Cobblestone Village you will have unlocked Miner, Blacksmith, and Chef. From here, the message boards will point players to the different Job Trainers and the start of the Job questlines. This both helped us streamline the new player experience AND let us fulfill a frequent player request.
- Some jobs now require level 20 in another job to unlock - In order to unlock Warrior you first need a level 20 Brawler. In order to unlock Ninja you first need a level 20 Archer. In order to unlock Wizard you first need a level 20 Medic. This only affects new players.
- Some Archer and Medic gear requires membership - These jobs now works like the Brawler. Level 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 gear is unchanged, but all other levels are reserved for members only.
- Modified Some Job Stats – Increased Warrior's max health at all levels, increased damage of all ninja sword basic attacks, increased all damage of all wizard wand super attacks.
- Increased out-of-combat health regeneration rates for ALL combat jobs - It should take less time to heal up after fights if you're not in a fight with something."
- The Festival of Hearts event has been packed away for another year.
- There's a new Helicopter pet pal.
- The Welcome Screen has been changed.
- Last, but not least, Free Realms has another new Producer. Steve "Shock" George introduced himself in a thread on the official forums. We want to wish Clint "c0braje7" Worley all the best as he leaves the Realms.
- An Achievement system has been added to Free Realms. You can now earn titles and other rewards for accomplishing any number of things, like leveling your jobs, having your pet do tricks, and winning a game of cards against an NPC.
- There were a couple of changes made to the UI during this hotfix.
- There was also a TCG hotfix, so that you can now start the Series 2 questline after you've finished Series 1.
- This weekend, all of the houses, lots, and housing items will be on sale for 50% off, including the VIP housing items. The President's Weekend sale runs from February 16th to 18th.
- This month's Member's Pack has been distributed.
- January's t-shirt is now available in the Marketplace.
- There's a new Boombox in the Marketplace.
- Snow Days has been removed for another winter.
- The ability to train your flying rides to glide has been added to the game. After training, they will glide like the Parachutes do. Go see Troy Ridewrangler in Seaside to get started.
- The 4th limited edition poster is now available as a TCG tournament reward: Crackshot.
This page last modified 2013-05-15 08:06:29.