< Back to the New Content page
- December 23, 2009
- December 22, 2009
- Housing - 12/22/09
- Game Play - 12/22/09
- Miscellaneous - 12/22/09
- December 14, 2009
- Housing - 12/14/09
- Game Play - 12/14/09
- Miscellaneous - 12/14/09
- November 25, 2009
- November 5, 2009
- October 22, 2009
- Monthly Rewards Pack - Halloween Theme
- October 21, 2009
- October 16, 2009
- October 8, 2009
- October 2, 2009
- Collections - 10/02/09
- Item Codes - 10/02/09
- Items - 10/02/09
- Pet Trainer - 10/02/09
- User Interface - 10/02/09
- Miscellaneous - 10/02/09
- September 16, 2009
- August 2009
- June 22, 2009
- Introduction to Chapter 1
- Sacred Grove: Chapter 1
- June 4th, 2009
- Minigame Collections - 06/04/09
- Double Station Cash is back for the holidays! Redeem retail purchased Station Cash cards between December 23, 2009 (starting at 10am PST) to January 3, 2010 (ending at 10pm PST) to obtain double the value.
- New housing items were added to the Marketplace, such as a Train Set and an Aquarium!
- The Holiday Tree will now fit in your apartment! (Source: SOE FR Forums)
- Free houses that were missing from some members have now been awarded. (Source: SOE FR Forums)
- Users have been reporting that standing close to an exit door after a battle for even a few seconds will automatically cause you to "use" the exit door as if you had clicked on it.
- Kart Driver quest objectives will now update consistently. (Source: SOE FR Forums)
- Teleporting to another server will no longer remove guild functionality. (Source: SOE FR Forums)
- Some automated chat phrases that were not selectable are now working properly. (Source: SOE FR Forums)
- The Fisherman job is introduced to Free Realms!
- Combat abilities and weapons had major changes done to them.
- Several Elite Exploration Collections have been popping up around Sacred Grove. Can you find them all?
- Many new Fisherman collections were introduced.
- There is a new auto-chat feature, where it attempts to predict what you are saying from the letters you are typing in. This feature can be disabled in the game options.
- Many old items are gone from the Daily Wheel and have been replaced by newer ones.
- One time reimbursements are being given for those players affected by empty ticket chests in the Royal Vault. Read more about this issue and how to get your reimbursement here.
- The November Member's Pack is now available in your claim window! It includes:
- Two holiday items are available in the Marketplace: Turkey Hat and Turkey Outfit.
- Job Sampling was introduced into the game. This change to the former job system only affects characters created on or after November 1, 2009.
- Soccer Star clothing was introduced to the Royal Vault. The merchant-bought Soccer Star clothing was changed to have a different naming convention.
Free Realms put together a sweet Halloween themed bundle for current members!
If you're an active member in good standing between October 1st and October 21st, the
items are added directly to your inventory! Click the Claim Items icon at the bottom of the screen to claim your items:
New spooky and fun costumes added in the Marketplace for the Super Spooktacular!
New Creepy items added to the Marketplace!
- Halloween celebrations continue with the addition of the Halloween Wheel and Super Spooktacular Quest Series.
- Trophies were added to the game. These track milestones you have made on your character. This feature was quickly disabled due to bugs, and has an ETA to return to the game of early 2010.
- Kirill Moonrunner's race was changed from Pixie to Human.
- Collections should now show their rewards instead of ???.
- The Pumpkin Prince is terrorizing Sacred Grove! Can you help defeat this menace?
- Word of a wicked banshee haunting Blackspore Swamp has reached adventurers. Can you defeat her in the new member-only dungeon, Bone Bog Cemetery?
- Halloween celebrations begin with Super Spooktacular! Dress up and scare your friends! Stay tuned for more additions to the celebration event!
- The Werewolf Outfit is a Limited Edition item and will only be available for the 2009 Super Spooktacular event. This Marketplace item is limited to 1000 purchases, so get yours fast!
- Another sighting from Cinnamon Riverglitter points us to Ikee on the eastern side of Pixiewood Hills. Ikee comments, "I am still getting my shop set up, but someday everyone will come to me for the best housing decorations in the world."
- Goal Time is here as Free Realms introduces soccer! Start a game with friends or compete against one of the teams waiting to play you at the Soccer field in Snowhill. Speak to Manager Landon to become the next Soccer Star!
- Change Your Appearance:
- Check out the Marketplace or Merchants in Sanctuary & Seaside to purchase Style Cards! Use them to change up your eye color, hair color, hair style, face paint & wing patterns! Visit NPC merchants such as Inni Ki and walk away with a new look!
Unlike other jobs, the Soccer Star only has two collections. These can be found around the perimeter of soccer fields, and only while in the Soccer Star job.
- New item code: MMMDONUT. This will give you the food item heavenly donut. This item will increase your Matcher Advantage for 30 minutes!
- New item code: BERRYCUPCAKE. This will give you the food item berry cupcake. This item increases your Matcher's Skill for 30 minutes!
- Many “no sale” items that were earned from quests can now be sold.
- Pet trainers will now receive a coin reward whenever they score “Good” or “Awesome” on all pet tricks
- You can now bind hotkeys using the new key mapping feature. Open your game options to get started.
- You can now find other players wanting to join the same minigames as you--from anywhere in Free Realms! To use the new Matchmaking feature, open up your Quest Journal (default hotkey of L) and click the Matchmaking icon button on the bottom (picture of two heads). Now you can choose from a list of different Soccer, Kart Racing, or Demo Derby games. When enough players join the queue, you'll get to play your minigame with them!
Thanks to Cinnamon Riverglitter of server 3 for the following three finds!
- Slugmud can now be found on Chef Supply merchants! Check out your local Chef to see if they have stocked up on this long missing ingredient! (confirmed on Bordon Cloo in Sanctuary)
- Periwinkle in Sanctuary now will speak to passersby about how her stock of paint is getting low. Could this be a pre-cursor to the long-awaited housing? We hope so!
- Additionally, a new NPC, Bellis, can be found across the street from Periwinkle. This NPC stands in front of a new table with potted plants on it. While we hold great aspirations for future house plants, we'll have to wait and see!
Click on the images below to see the full sized pictures!
Players get a bonus spin on the Daily Wheel to celebrate the registration of 5 million users. Each player will receive a bonus spin from September 16 - 23, for a total of 2 spins per day.
You'll also receive a party crate, some silly string, some party poppers and a grab bag of extra prizes!
Update: The bonus wheel was continued through October 2, 2009.
The Daily Wheel,, also dubbed the Daily Spinner by players, was introduced with the August 28, 2009 patch. It allows players to take a spin once per day (spins do not accumulate if you miss a day), per character. You can win a variety of items, such as Treasure Tickets, clothing or karts!
- Guilds are now live! Need help with creating one? Check out our guide to guilds, courtsey of Pex on the SOE Forums!
- The storyline quests have gone in! Many of these quests reward Adventurer experience. You can begin the quest line at any of these places:
From our findings so far, you can only complete one of the six available quests that send you to Quills in Sanctuary. Once you unlock the quest Take a Number, then the other opening quests should be shut down to you.
Start the Quest Series at any of the following locations:
You must complete one of the introductory quests listed above in order to begin this series.
- Update: Big kudos to drinnth who has helped fill in several missing quests overnight!
Minigame Collections are all new. Finishing the first quest from all 4 of the following NPCs completes the first collection, Easy Defender. The second 4 in the series completes Medium Defender, and the last 4 give you Hard Defender. Each of the quests reward pieces of unique clothing.
Houston in Farnum's Farm
- Defending the Fish
- Smelly Stockpile
- Fishy Strategy
General Spattonug in Bristlewood
- Gunning the Beasties
- Dwarven Bulwark
- Bastion of the Green Thumbs
Napoleon in Sanctuary
- Tangled Barricade
- Mushroom Guard
- Briarwood Stronghold
- Protecting the Honey Vats
- Honey Safeguard
- Golden Aegis
Finishing all of the three minigame collections listed above will update and complete the last collection, Elite Defender.
This page last modified 2011-01-10 21:41:44.